If you have not yet decided to ask Jesus Christ into your life, to invite Him to be your Savior and Lord, to ask Him to forgive your sins, and to give you the gift of eternal life – here is a list with action steps on “How to Become a Christian.” It will help you make that decision.
You have probably discovered how hard life can be. If you are like every other normal person, you need help. Jesus brings help. He also brings purpose and meaning into your life. Jesus helps you know why you are on this earth. Peace and joy grab hold of your broken heart when you ask Jesus into your life. And this decision ensures you will live forever in greater glorious conditions than you could ever imagine. God loves you so very much! He went to great extremes to demonstrate His love for you. You will never regret making this decision.
In contrast, I can say with absolute certainty
that you will regret
not making this decision. Actually, by choosing to not make the decision, you have already made it – by default.
Please look through this list and let the Holy Spirit of the living God speak to your heart. Please also look up the Scriptures in a Bible. These words come directly from God’s heart and have great power that can transform your life – if you choose to believe them.
How to Become a Christian
- God loves you – very much! (Jer. 31:3; Jn. 3:16)
- He became a man, Jesus Christ, to reconnect you to Himself. Your sins disconnected you from Him. (Jn. 1:1-5; Lk. 2:10-12)
- Admit you are a sinner and you need a Savior. (Rom. 3:23)
- Be truly sorry – repent – for your sins. (1 Jn. 1:9)
- Ask Jesus to forgive your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness. At the cross, He became your “stand in.” Your substitute. Your sacrifice. He paid the penalty for your sins by dying your death – and not only yours, but every person’s over every century. (Is. 53:6; Rom. 6:23) He could do this because He, Himself, was without sin. He was perfect, pure, holy . . . the only One who could credibly carry out the work of salvation. He is God and Man . . . even to this day.
- Accept His forgiveness and let go of your past, your sinful patterns, your self-driven thoughts, your fears, your pride. By faith live in your new life. Consider yourself dead to sin. Decide – it is no longer an option to sin. (Rom. 6:1&11; 2 Tim. 1:7)
- At the cross when Jesus died, a great exchange took place:
- Jesus took your sin off of you and onto Himself.
- He took His holiness from Himself and put it onto you. (Is. 53:6; Heb. 10:10&14)
- At the point of your prayer of repentance, when you ask Jesus to forgive you and be your Savior and Lord – the above great exchange becomes your reality!
- Be resolved that Jesus is your Savior AND your Lord. A Lord is in charge. He is the top figure. His love and goodness make Him the best candidate in the universe to tell you how to live your life. Show your love back to God by trusting and obeying Him – no matter what! (2 Kg. 19:15; 1 Chron. 29:11; 1 Chron. 16:34; Ps. 23:6; Jn. 14:15)
- Commit to daily change your old patterns to match up with your new identity as a forgiven child of God. Line your life up with God’s Word. Become congruent with God’s truth. Become real. Become authentic. (Phil. 1:6; 2:12)
- Hold firmly to your faith in Jesus. You will be rewarded. Jesus is returning to earth with His mighty angels . . . to take you home to enjoy and live in the glorious place He went to prepare for you. (1 Thess. 3:13; 1 Cor. 15:2; Is. 7:9)
When you have gone through those action steps and meant them with all your heart, you are a child of God. You have become a part of His royal family . . . and will live forever after you finish your life purpose on this earth.
Yes – God loves you so much! He proved it through Jesus Christ. “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”
As a Christian, it is very important to talk to God every day. This is called “prayer.” Spend time each day in His Word – The Bible.
Find a good church to attend where you can hear God’s Word taught accurately. Prayerfully seek good fellowship with other believers who have put Jesus Christ first in their lives. May God bless you richly. You’ve made the best decision you will ever make. I am praying for you, whoever you are, where ever you are. Jesus, Himself, is praying for you! (Jn. 17:9; Rom. 8:34)
If you want to let me know you have made a decision for Jesus Christ, please feel free to email me
so I can share your joy.
on my email list to receive a FREE ebook on how to get into God’s Word with your super busy life. Also, you will receive notice of blog posts on managing your life.